120: Lyme & Thyroid Specialist Lisa Hunt, D.O.
Lisa Hunt, D.O., D.O.H. is a practitioner at Holtorf Medical Group in El Segundo, CA. She specializes in anti-aging treatment, natural thyroid replacement, menopause/andropause therapy (including bioidentical hormone replacement), chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, strengthening the immune system, neurotransmitter analysis/replacement, and nutritional support guidance. Dr. Hunt is a graduate of Western University of Health Sciences and completed her residency at the San Joaquin General Hospital. She is board certified in both Family Medicine and Holistic and Integrative Medicine and brings with her over 20 years of experience as a family physician and medical director. Her mission is to build on every level of your health to achieve the best quality of life.
Tune in as Dr. Hunt shares:
- what drew her to her practice
- how she handles initial appointments and testing
- why she lets the patient lead their care, and offers options for testing and treatment
- the importance of family involvement in a patient’s care
- how our work-lives are hindering our health
- why a morning routine can aid us in scheduling self-care (read: meditation!)
- what the healthcare system in the US is getting right
- the importance of extended time with patients and individualized nutrition guidance in traditional allopathic approaches
- why it’s helpful to find an integrative or functional medicine practitioner if you’re struggling with chronic illness
- other pathways to improve overall health: nutrition logs and good sleep hygiene
- that her job is to empower her patients to take care of themselves
- that care is individualized — there is no “one size fits all” approach to testing and treatment