The Financial Outlook of Healthcare with Rob DeMichiei
July 16, 2021: Rob DeMichiei, Board Director, Strategic Advisor and Former CFO is back with Bill. What does digital transformation mean in 2021? What is the current CIO CFO conversation? Economists are predicting negative margins through the end of the year. What kind of impact will that have? Could there be IT motives for mergers and acquisitions moving forward? Smaller health systems are throwing up their hands at cyber attacks at this point. They just can't make the investments necessary to protect themselves. What is the path forward for small to medium size healthcare systems? Who should they be partnering with? And can a large health system truly own the patient end to end?
OPEN NOW! HRSA Announces New Loan Repayment Program for Behavioral Health Providers – Apply to the Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Loan Repayment Program
Every day you’re using skills to help end substance use disorders (SUD) within your community. The Health Resources and Services Administration is here to help you with the new STAR LRP (Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Loan Repayment Program).
Pay off your school loans with up to $250,000 from the STAR LRP in exchange for six years of full-time service at an approved facility. Behavioral health clinicians, paraprofessionals, clinical support staff and many others trained in substance use disorder treatment are encouraged to apply. Applications are open until Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
- Economists are projecting negative margins through the end of the year. For larger health systems, that's not that big of a deal. But for the smaller players, that's a significant conversation.
- I think you're going to see a widening of the gap between the haves and the have-nots
- It’s going to be very difficult to survive with hyper-competition and so M&A is the way to guarantee the future
- Where are the new innovative charity care programs? Where are the new bold $50 million or $100 million investments in community health and in charity care?
- 5 Questions Boards Should Be Asking About Digital Transformation – Harvard Business Review
- AXIOS: How America’s Top Hospitals Hound Patients with Predatory Billing
- 1/3 of Hospitals Nearing ‘Danger Zone’ Denial Rate, Survey Finds – Healthcare Innovation