Newsday – Navigating EHR Affiliation, Rural Health, and CISO Board Topics
July 19, 2021: It’s Newsday with Drex DeFord and Bill. Rather than making a multimillion-dollar investment to deploy a new EHR, Woman's Hospital in Louisiana is seeking potential partners that would instead let the hospital connect to their Epic system. Dollar General hires a Chief Medical Officer. Jeff Costlow, deputy CISO at ExtraHop offers a comprehensive tip sheet to help ease the daunting task of talking cybersecurity with health system leadership. And what started as a surge in criminal activity during the early days of the pandemic has now developed into a full-blown crisis. Why does healthcare keep falling prey to ransomware and other cyberattacks?
OPEN NOW! HRSA Announces New Loan Repayment Program for Behavioral Health Providers – Apply to the Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Loan Repayment Program
Every day you’re using skills to help end substance use disorders (SUD) within your community. The Health Resources and Services Administration is here to help you with the new STAR LRP (Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Loan Repayment Program).
Pay off your school loans with up to $250,000 from the STAR LRP in exchange for six years of full-time service at an approved facility. Behavioral health clinicians, paraprofessionals, clinical support staff and many others trained in substance use disorder treatment are encouraged to apply. Applications are open until Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
- If Dollar General do it right, they could ultimately impact long-term health for rural communities [00:16:35]
- One of the mistakes people make when they go to a board is to take a posture of telling, but the board is really a collaborative group. They're on your side. They're inside. And they will help you to think through things. [00:25:10]
- The electronic health record is a part of the expanding attack surface [00:31:45]
- You need money to take care of unpatched systems and legacy devices [00:36:50]
- Double extortion is real [00:44:20]
- Louisiana hospital skirts $200M Epic EHR implementation by seeking affiliation – Beckers
- Dollar General hires chief medical officer, boosts health-care items – CNBC
- A Tip Sheet to Help CISOs talk to the Board about Security Needs – Healthcare IT News
- Why Healthcare Keeps Falling Prey to Ransomware and Other Cyberattacks – Threat Post
- Leapfrog report highlights hospitals' patient communications, care transition shortcomings – Fierce Healthcare