Newsday – Is Digital Transformation before Security Administrative Malpractice?
June 7, 2021: It’s Newsday with Dr. Justin Collier, Chief Healthcare Advisor for World Wide Technology. The pandemic was clearly a horrific event in our history but the silver lining? It really moved healthcare forward in terms of experience, efficiency and safety. Moody's warns of revenue risks as healthcare cyber attacks increase. Is the Scripps Health breach finally over? How safe will HIMSS 21 be? Healthcare groups and Google developed a Health Equity Tracker that can highlight and address the impact of COVID-19 and other diseases on vulnerable and marginalized communities. And according to a J.D. Power study, significantly increased telehealth utilization and greater adoption of digital communication channels has helped U.S. health plans boost their popularity among members.
- Moody's found that cyber risk in the healthcare sector could lead to potential loss of revenue, increased expenses and elevated scrutiny [00:06:15]
- A major casino was hacked through a smart thermometer in one of their fish tanks [00:08:40]
- CIOs should be completely immersed in cybersecurity right now [00:10:40]
- Consumer expectations have changed [00:31:09]
- Is it ever okay to close a hospital once it's been open? [00:33:05]
- Moody's warns of revenue risks as healthcare cyberattacks increase – Healthcare IT News
- Healthcare Groups, Google Launch Health Equity Tracker to Address COVID-19 Disparities – Healthcare Innovation
- Increasing telehealth utilization boosts member satisfaction with health plans – Healthcare Finance News
- Scripps' EHR back online nearly 4 weeks after ransomware attack – Beckers
- 10 recent big tech partnerships in healthcare: Google, Amazon & more – Beckers
- Do Virtual Care Platforms Compete With Local Care Providers? It's Complicated – Healthcare Innovation