How 2021 Became 2030: AI and Innovation Post-Covid with Mayo Clinic’s John Halamka
July 9, 2021: It’s astonishing how many things have changed in healthcare over the last 18 months. John Halamka, President of the Mayo Clinic Platform shares their concept and vision for the future. How is this new rolled back regulatory environment affecting investment and consumer behaviors? How do we take data and use it in novel ways? How do we incorporate algorithms and workflow? Episodic medical care often falls short. How is digital going to help? He also touches on remote patient monitoring, the Vaccine Credential Initiative and his brand new book The Digital Reconstruction of Healthcare: Transitioning from Brick and Mortar to Virtual Care.
OPEN NOW! HRSA Announces New Loan Repayment Program for Behavioral Health Providers – Apply to the Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Loan Repayment Program
Every day you’re using skills to help end substance use disorders (SUD) within your community. The Health Resources and Services Administration is here to help you with the new STAR LRP (Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Loan Repayment Program).
Pay off your school loans with up to $250,000 from the STAR LRP in exchange for six years of full-time service at an approved facility. Behavioral health clinicians, paraprofessionals, clinical support staff and many others trained in substance use disorder treatment are encouraged to apply. Applications are open until Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
- The perfect storm for innovation is when government, academia and industry align. And there’s a sense of urgency to change. [00:02:50]
- John Deere is now a platform data company [00:07:40]
- Mayo Clinic, Kaiser Permanente invest in Medically Home [00:12:20]
- Medically Home [00:12:20]
- As we train our next generation of doctors we’re going to see a specialty called a Virtualist [00:21:30]
- The Digital Reconstruction of Healthcare: Transitioning from Brick and Mortar to Virtual Care” Book by John Halamka and Paul Cerrato [00:22:05]
- Vaccine Credential Initiative [00:39:10]