Fostering Innovation with UT Austin CIO Aaron Miri
April 21, 2021: What does CIO of Healthcare actually mean these days? A lot of companies have gone through a metamorphosis which means they’re not just looking for a CIO that understands informatics, workflow, systems and architecture. They need a leader who also understands business. Who understands strategy. Who understands innovation and collaboration. Who understands where things are going and how marketing, the patient experience and digital tools all play into it. Aaron Miri, CIO for Dell Medical School and UT Health Austin breaks down what it takes to be a next generation CIO. What is UT Health’s model for innovation? What is their remote patient monitoring strategy? How do they address tech debt? What is their approach to interpretability? And what will digital healthcare look like in the future?
- CIOs have branched out to operations, innovation, information, collaboration and revenue service lines [00:04:07]
- If you don't have a passion for healthcare it will absolutely consume you [00:12:25]
- There’s a lot of discussion around vaccination health inequities. How do you get it to the homeless, those who are disenfranchised or even those in rural areas? [00:13:55]
- UT Health’s mantra is “What starts here changes the world” [00:25:29]
- Dell Medical School and UT Health Austin