Field Report: St. Luke’s University Health Network CIO Chad Brisendine
May 28, 2020: Welcome to another episode of the Field Report, where we talk to industry leaders about how their health systems are handling the pandemic using health IT. In this episode, we sit down with Chad Brisendine, the CIO for St. Luke’s University Health Network in PA, to see how St. Luke’s has responded to COVID-19 thus far. We discuss how they have integrated virtual care like telehealth into their work model, and how they have been affected by work from home. Chad shares with us St. Luke’s health IT priorities, both currently and post-pandemic, and we talk about how they’re planning on regaining revenue, preparing for another surge of cases, and what Chad considers St. Luke’s greatest lesson thus far. Don’t miss out on this episode of the Field Report!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Chad explains how St Luke’s has responded to the pandemic thus far.
- How St Luke’s has integrated virtual care like telehealth into their work model.
- Chad’s experience of working from home and the changes he has noticed in meetings.
- Chad mentions Workplace Analytics, a project he is working on with Microsoft currently.
- Health IT priorities for St. Luke’s now and what Chad predicts they will be post-pandemic.
- How St. Luke’s is reintroducing the procedures they’re performing, including elective surgery.
- St. Luke’s preparations for another surge, including PPE and physician’s feedback.
- What Chad considers St. Luke’s greatest lesson thus far – a squad mentality for ‘solutioning’.