Field Report: Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center with Phyllis Teater
April 7, 2020: In this episode, Bill Russell interviews Phyllis Teater, the CIO at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Joining the conversation, listeners will learn about their facility, the scope of their care, and the community they serve. What has been of great help in the COVID-19 crisis is having a supportive, proactive governor and state, a situation that Phyllis and her team do not take for granted. She shares about discovering the impressive capabilities of their health IT team, how they have been able to set up a testing facility in record time, and how they are partnering up with Battelle to help solve the PPE and monitoring dilemma. She also talks about their solution for placing patients during a surge, how they have adjusted the care for non-COVID outpatients, and what — in retrospect – they would have done differently in terms of planning.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn more about the Wexner Medical Center system and the community they serve.
- How a forward-thinking governor and state structure are supporting them through the crisis.
- What Phyllis has discovered on the journey of preparing for the surge in patients.
- Their solution for assisting with the placement of patients during a surge.
- What they are doing to care for outpatients with non-COVID-related needs.
- Hear how they set up a fully-functioning testing facility in less than a week.
- Their partnership with Battelle for PPE and monitoring solutions.
- What they would have done differently in terms of the prepping process.