Field Report: Jefferson Health with Nassar Nizami
June 19, 2020: Jefferson Health was busy pre-COVID with various capital-intensive and operational improvement initiatives. While the pandemic has diverted from these projects, the organization has risen to the challenge, adapting to the changing times. Nassar Nizami, today’s guest, and CIO at Jefferson Health, joins us to share how they have dealt with the large-scale shifts COVID-19 has brought. In this episode, we gain insights into what their response has looked like from March until now. While there was an initial rapid adoption and scaling of telehealth, remote work, and online learning systems, there is a steadier rhythm now. We also discuss some of the major cultural shifts Nassar has seen both from providers and patients in terms of telehealth. The uptick has been encouraging on many fronts. Nassar then unpacks how many of these shifts will have long-term impacts on the health system. He believes that the remote work model will endure post-pandemic, so finding a way to balance this will be crucial. Along with this, we explore some of the digital and financial priorities of Jefferson and what the organization is doing to prepare for a potential second surge. For all this and more, tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Find out more about Jefferson Health’s COVID response from March until now.
- Why Nassar believes the digital changes will endure post-pandemic.
- The major mindset shifts Nassar he seen from patients and providers around telehealth.
- What needs to happen in order for telehealth to be fully integrated into medical practice.
- Nassar's experience of working from home and where he sees its future.
- The surprising finding that came with the increase in remote working.
- The digital and financial priorities that have changed at Jefferson as a result of COVID-19.
- Jefferson’s Health IT strategies to prepare for a potential second surge.
- Nassar’s greatest lesson he has taken away from this time.