#1 Jonathan Bush on The Redox Podcast
Jonathan Bush is well known in the field of health-tech. He was the co-founder and CEO of athenahealth, a company he led for over 20 years. Today, Jonathan is the executive chairman of Firefly Health. Jonathan joined Niko Skievaski for a lively and wide-ranging conversation.
- 03:55 – Where did the dream of the EHR go wrong?
- 07:05 – Bush’s belief that current EHR systems will become “record-keeping furnaces” that few physicians use – and the ONC’s efforts to promote interoperability.
- 09:55 – Bringing consumer sovereignty into the healthcare system.
- 13:20 – On his new company, Firefly Health, which strive to redefine high-quality healthcare.
- 19:00 – Data privacy issues; especially between employers and employees.
- 25:35 – Bush’s thoughts on healthcare changes coming in the 2020s.
As always, Jonathan Bush is thoughtful, opinionated, and insightful. We hope you enjoy this inaugural conversation of The Redox Podcast.