Achieving Longevity and Learnings as a Healthcare Leader with Chuck DeBusk
In this episode, we talk with Chuck DeBusk, Principal, Charles DeBusk & Associates, LLC. Chuck offers our QualityPeople the knowledge and perspective of a career that has spanned 40+ years across the healthcare industry. And while many of the players have changed throughout his career, the game which continues to revolve around quality and patient safety have not. Listen as Chuck shares views to the ongoing areas of improvement opportunism in healthcare and how QualityPeople at every level in healthcare can make an impact!
Chuck DeBusk is the Principal of Charles DeBusk & Associates, LLC. He has over 40 years of experience in improving healthcare outcomes and processes. Chuck has provided leadership in the areas of process and performance improvement, Surgery, Radiology, Laboratory, Rehab Services, and Pharmacy. He holds an MS in industrial engineering from the University of Tennessee and a BS in industrial engineering and operations research from Virginia Tech.
• Learning from multiple perspectives
• Building your team in a strategic way
• Leveraging your “aha moment” into you’re a powerful career
• Learning how to craft your career in quality
• Attracting young professionals into the quality career
QUOTES TO REMEMBER
• “To me that idea of casting a wide net looking for different perspectives…that is critically important.”
• “When you’re working somewhere, you can’t focus myopically…You got to look at the whole picture.”
• “The team is going to go through a lot of stuff as they mature.”
• “The best advice is to really learn your craft and it will take you a long way.”
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/healthcarequalitycast/message