The Path to Healthcare Interoperability
There’s a lot happening on the healthcare interoperability front:
- HIMSS has released a new definition for interoperability
- The CMS proposed rule is stacked with interesting use cases and is highly focused on making data available to patients.
- The ONC proposed rule attempts to address data blocking.
- Both proposed rules promote FHIR APIs.
- Emergency Triage, Treat and Transport (ET3) Model provides a business context for interoperability with a focus on outcomes.
Don and Shahid discuss each of these and pull out the actionable threads. This conversation sets up the next several episodes where we’ll identify the opportunities that are being created and share ideas on how you can capitalize on them.
See full show notes and links here: https://thehcbiz.com/the-path-to-interoperability/