The Medicaid Transformation Project with David Smith – Part 2
Missed part 1? Check it out here: The Medicaid Transformation Project with David Smith – Part 1.
The Medicaid Transformation Project (MTP) is a national effort to transform healthcare and address related social needs for the most vulnerable. Throughout this two-year mission, health systems will implement innovative solutions that address challenges like behavioral health and substance use disorder. MTP aims to create long-term systemic impact over the next 10 years with the goal of improving the health of 75 million Americans.
On this episode, we talk with David Smith, who is the Project Executive for the Medicaid Transformation Project. David tells us how Avia, in partnership with healthcare leaders and Andy Slavitt, is on a mission to change the health and care of the Medicaid population by leveraging digital solutions and innovative care models to more effectively and efficiently meet its needs.
The Medicaid Transformation Project with David Smith – Part 1 discussed the theory and approach to MTP. On this episode, we get practical and talk about what the MTP is doing in the market place, including:
- Changing the role and the relationship that the ED has with the community.
- How do you ensure that innovative models can be implemented in a sustainable way?
- What are the 3 Horizons of healthcare innovation?
- What’s been accomplished in MTP Phase 1?
- What’s happening so far in MTP Phase 2 and why are you focused on Behavioral Health?
- Why addressing Behavioral Health issues is so challenging.
- How can health systems get involved?
- How can startups/innovators/vendors find out what you’re looking for and submit their solutions for consideration?
For full show notes and links: https://thehcbiz.com/the-medicaid-transformation-project-with-david-smith—part-2/