Ep 4: Treatments for Parkinson’s Disease, and the Role of Clinical Trials
There’s no cure for Parkinson’s disease, but there are ways to manage it and treat symptoms.
In this episode, we explore how different types of medications can help, and the importance of clinical trials in progressing treatment options.
We hear from people who are living with Parkinson’s disease about their medication journeys.
We also discuss an alternative surgical treatment that is available: deep brain stimulation.
For more links and resources, visit our website at HealthUnmuted.com
- Medication explained – Mayo Clinic
- Webinar about on/off time – Michael J Fox foundation
- Parkinson’s Drugs- Parkinson’s UK Resource
- FDA Approved Medications- APDA
- Carbidopa-levodopa – Mayo Clinic
- Sinemet, Parcopa, Duopa and other brand names for Sinemet – on Medscape
- Dopamine agonists (pramipexole, ropinirole) – Mayo Clinic
- Dyskinesia– Parkinson Foundation
- Deep Brain Stimulation – Mayo Clinic
Alternative Surgical Treatment Option
- Deep Brain Stimulation – Parkinson’s Org
A transcript of this episode is available here.
This episode is made possible with support from Altoida.
What did you think of this episode? We’d love to hear from you. Please visit healthunmuted.com/feedback to let us know!