Kidney care innovation is open for business — with Dr. John Sedor and Dr. Prabir Roy-Chaudhury
Dr. John Sedor and Dr. Prabir Roy-Chaudhury join host Jonah Comstock and Healthcare IT News Senior Editor Kat Jercich to discuss innovation in the kidney space, especially the fruits so far of the US government’s Kidney X innovation prizes.
- What is Kidney X and what’s it’s mission
- The Redesigning Dialysis prize competitions
- The implantable kidney and patient innovation prizes
- Why has innovation been so slow in the kidney space?
- Health equity implications of kidney disease
- Kidney disease’s “cellphone moment”
- Why patient-centricity is important to innovation
- Remote monitoring and IT infrastructure for kidney care
- What’s next for Kidney X?
- The kidney space is open for business — and seeking innovators
- Kidney care Dr. McCoy’s way
More about this episode: