Digital health's $7B Q1 and what it means for the space — with Unity Stoakes
Host Jonah Comstock, MobiHealthNews Managing Editor Laura Lovett and MobiHealthNews Associate Mallory Hackett welcome Startup Health President Unity Stoakes to discuss Q1 2021 digital health funding. With more than $7 billion raised according to MobiHealthNews's tracker and more than $8 billion according to Startup's, we can all agree it was an impressive month. But how do those numbers compare to the past? To other industries? And what does it all mean for the health of the space? Tune in to find the answers to those questions and more.
- 2021 funding in a larger historical context
- The changing geography of digital health startups
- Dramatic changes to digital health market dynamics
- The talent infrastructure underpinning digital health
- How today’s startups are putting together decades of pieces
- Is the digital health market oversaturated?
- We’re far from the ceiling for digital health funding
- Digital health subsectors to watch
- “Boomerang” innovation from other geographies
- Where digital health investment is headed next
- Frugal innovation and what it can teach us
More about this episode: