Three unanswered questions for telehealth's future
The COVID-19 pandemic reshaped the telehealth landscape. Many physicians and patients had their first experience with a telehealth visit as lockdown measures limited in-person physician offices.
Many questions remain whether the telehealth explosion is a flash-in-the-pan success or if it will have long-lasting changes in patient visit behaviors.
Health Affairs‘ Chris Fleming and Rob Lott join Health Affairs This Week to discuss a recently published series of blog articles on the topic and unpack the biggest questions regarding the future of telehealth, including:
- Should Medicare continue payment parity?
- Where does payment reform stand on telehealth?
- What are current barriers affecting implementation of telehealth?
- The Coming Conflict Over Tele-Visits: The Need For Innovation In Payment And Information Sharing (Health Affairs Blog)
- Understanding The Case For Telehealth Payment Parity (Health Affairs Blog)
- Congress: Act Now To Ensure Telehealth Access For Medicare Benefits (Health Affairs Blog)
- Mutual Recognition Of Physician Licensure By States Would Provide For Better Patient Care (Health Affairs Blog)
- How Telehealth Can Enable New Care Management Strategies In Alternative Payment Models (Health Affairs Blog)