COVID-19: The Latest on Federal Mask Guidance and Vaccine Mandates
This week has seen considerable movement in the effort to curb the COVID-19 pandemic from the federal level.
On Tuesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its mask guidance, recommending that fully vaccinated individuals wear mask indoors in areas with high COVID-19 transmission rates to reduce the spread of COVID-19. At the time of this recording on Thursday July 29, 2021, President Joe Biden is expected to announce a COVID-19 vaccine requirement for federal employees.
On this episode of Health Affairs This Week, editors Rob Lott and Leslie Erdelack discuss the latest on COVID-19, the Delta variant, CDC’s updated mask guidance, and President Joe Biden’s expected vaccine requirement for federal government employees.
- Assessing The Legality Of Mandates For Vaccines Authorized Via An Emergency Use Authorization (Health Affairs Blog)
- Community User Of Face Masks And COVID-19: Evidence From A Natural Experiment Of State Mandates In The US (Health Affairs)
- President Biden To Announce New Actions To Get More Americans Vaccinated And Slow the Spread Of the Delta Variant (White House)
- COVID-19 Data Tracker: Integrated County View (CDC)
- When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated (CDC)