Climate change and the future of health policy
Health Affairs’ Leslie Erdelack and Chris Fleming discuss why health policy is ready to enter the climate change discussion. From the latest Greta Thunberg Hulu documentary to president-elect Joe Biden’s pick of John Kerry as a “climate envoy,” Leslie and Chris note climate change is too big of an issue for the field to ignore. This episode dovetails with Health Affairs first ever journal issue dedicated to climate change and how the issue intersects with health policy.
- Event: The Health Events of Climate Change (Health Affairs)
- Health Risks Due To Climate Change: Inequity In Causes and Consequences (Health Affairs)
- A Critical Moment For Climate Resilience (Health Affairs)
- State of the Global Climate 2020 (World Meteorological Organization)
- Health Care is Coming to Grips With Its Pollution Problem (The Verge)