81– Balancing Locums and Global Surgery
I’m happy and excited to interview Dr.Suzanne Yoder about the global humanitarian work that she does. I watched her speak at the Global Surgery forum at the American College of Surgeons. By balancing locums, humanitarian work and her personal life – she’s living life on her own terms.
After this episode, you’ll learn that there’s more to medicine than being a surgeon. Where you chose to spend your time and how you spend your time matters.
Things you’ll learn in this episode:
- How she got introduced to Global Surgery
- Dr. Suzanne’s biggest challenges doing the work that she does
- How she managed the cultural differences practicing in countries outside of the United States
- The key to success for any public health program catering to a local community
- Financial issues and sacrifices she experienced being a locums doc
- How she answers #Imnotjustadoc
Things mentioned in the show:
Learn more about Suzanne Yoder and connect with her at:
Email: [email protected]
Check out our Sponsors:
Set for Life Insurance: www.setforlifeinsurance.com