77 – Careers Beyond Clinical Medicine
On this episode of DOTB, I’m talking to Heidi Moawad. A neurologist, medical writer, editor and author of the book Careers Beyond Clinical Medicine. She writes medical articles for Medscape and she also teaches undergraduate courses and writing courses that focus on scientific writing.
The path to following what you love to do is no walk in the park. Depending on how dedicated and committed you are, you can build your skills and get to the point where people are reaching out to you for your expertise.
Know what you really want and don’t be afraid to do what you love. You’ll be inspired as you listen to this episode of Docs Outside the Box.
Things you’ll learn in this episode:
- What led her to the digital media and behind the scenes path
- Successful stories about doctors who are doing cool things outside clinical medicine
- Advice for someone wanting to jump on the path outside medical practice
- What made her write her first book Careers Beyond Clinical Medicine
- Personalities she looks up to for inspiration and motivation
- Personal habit that helped her become more successful and a doc outside the box
- How she answers #imnotjustadoc
Check out our Sponsors:
Set for Life Insurance: www.setforlifeinsurance.com