62 – Andre Young vs. Dr Draion Burch
By now I’m sure most of you have heard about the case between Andre Young (a.k.a. Dr. Dre) vs Dr. Draion Burch! Yes, the same Dr. Draion Burch from Episode 3 & 19. Long story short the two were entangled in a trademark battle that just ended this year in Dr. Burch’s favor.
On this episode I’m interviewing his lawyer, Andrea Evans, to discuss the specifics of the case. With so many confusing reports, it was great to hear from his powerhouse lawyer about what really happened.
Things you’ll learn in this episode:
- Even though Dr. Dre is not a lawyer, why was he able to bring a case against a doctor
- What is a cease and desist letter and what to do when you get one
- The differences between trademark, patent, and copyright
- Pitfalls of taking a “do it yourself” approach to protecting your intellectual property
- How to create a strong trademark
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- [email protected]
- @evansiplaw (Instagram, Twitter)
- Book: All About Inventing: Everything you need to know about patents From a Former USPTO Patent Examiner & Patent Attorney!!