Ep10: On a Mission to Provide Better Care for Rural India with Shuchin Bajaj
Dr Shuchin Bajaj is the Founder Director of Ujala Cygnus Hospitals. Ujala Cygnus currently operates twelve hospitals that provide healthcare to district towns of the states of India where emergency and primary care are difficult to find.
As a doctor and entrepreneur, Dr Bajaj is truly making a difference by infusing innovation throughout every aspect of patient care.
During our conversation we cover:
- Access and affordability challenges across India
- The challenge of building a new provider system from the ground up
- The impact of effective community outreach
- How COVID-19 changed the regulatory limitations on telemedicine and accelerated the use of other digital health solutions beyond telehealth
Dr Bajaj is a highly qualified and accomplished medical scholar. He has completed his M.B.B.S., M.D. (Internal Medicine), as well as the Certified Professional course on Diabetes Management and Total Control (American Academy of CME), the A.P.S.M. (I.I.M., Calcutta), and the Advanced Program in Cardiac Emergencies (Boston University). HE is the IHT Fellow (INSEAD, France), Aspire Fellow, and recipient of the Cohort Stanford Seed.
Also, he received the 2015 Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence Award from King’s College, London where he spent considerable time studying the various facets of Leadership, its various challenges, and its learnings for India.
He is on the board of several national prominent NGOs as Advisor-Health Programmes and is the recipient of numerous awards and accolades including the “World Wide Achievers Health Care Excellence Award 2014” for Healthcare Excellence in Internal Medicine in Delhi and NCR, ”Best Consultant in Internal Medicine in Delhi 2012” by the Time Research Media Foundation, “National Award for Excellence in Healthcare 2015” for fastest growing healthcare chain in North India along with “2015 Leaders Award”.
Dr Bajaj and the Cygnus Team were recently featured by the Economic Times in a feature on Entrepreneurs Leading Disruptive Change. Dr Bajaj is also the winner of the Healthcare Leader of the Year, 2017 Awards.
Dr Bajaj is an avid Healthcare Investor and is associated with multiple Health Tech Companies as an investor, Board Member, and mentor. He is on the TBIU Board of IIT, Delhi, and is also a member of the Advisory Council to the Minister of State for Health, Shri Ashwini Choubey.
Guest’s Links and Resources
- Connect with Dr Shuchin Bajaj: LinkedIn
- Visit Ujala Cygnus Hospitals: Website | LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook
Host’s Links and Resources:
- Connect with Tony Estrella: Twitter | LinkedIn | Personal Website
- Connect with Taliossa
- Read Tony’s Book: Comatose
- FutureProofing Healthcare | FutureProofing Healthcare APAC index
- Full White Paper, Summary and Video: A Vision for Asia Pacific in 2050
Follow Digital Health Today:
Follow Health Podcast Network:
Digital Health Today is made possible by the support of our sponsors. Special thanks to: