Share Your Story: Carrie Verrocchio
CarrieVee (Verrocchio) Cancer Survivor, and Caregiver, MBA, is a Motivational Speaker, Published Author, Podcast Host, and Certified Transformation, Forgiveness, and REBT Coach who helps those who have forgotten how to dream, overcome their excuses and live the life they were created to live.
She is the founder of the Radical Empowerment Method – a program designed to walk people through the exact method she herself used to move from a life of feeling invisible to a life of empowered success and action.
- 01:24: My cancer journey began this past December.
- 03:36: My mother was in her fifties when her first diagnosis of colorectal cancer came.
- 05:41: Do you have children?
- 07:34: If you knew that you had this gene, would you have had kids?
- 09:08: How was your experience as a caregiver different from your experience as a patient?
- 12:25: Did you find any support as a caregiver?
- 14:5: What does post-operative care look like as a cancer survivor?
- 17:56: What was your worst moment?
- 20:24: What was your best moment?
- 21:44: What is the one thing you wish you had known at the very beginning of your cancer journey?
- 24:27: I had a hysterectomy in 2009, but they left my ovaries in because I was premenopausal.
- 27:03: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the US, what would it be and why?
- 29:17: What is a share plan and if you want one how do you get it?
- 31:54: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions.
- 33:20: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
- 35:17: Unforgiveness in your life is the one thing that will keep you stuck.