Share Your Story: Ben Cooper
Ben Cooper is a Christian, husband, father of five, author, speaker, and beekeeper. Ben used his second cancer diagnosis as a therapy to launch his writing journey of Christian devotionals and children’s books. His love of farming and nature is the backdrop of his writing.
- 01:13: Take us back to the beginning of that first cancer diagnosis and tell us where your journey began.
- 03:52: I was already scheduled to have a specialist in Baltimore look at me.
- 06:29: Was it considered throat cancer?
- 08:20: My step-grandfather had had neck cancer.
- 10:07: I don’t want my kids to be shocked to see a different dad come home from the hospital.
- 12:07: My percentage with the surgery was a 35% survival rate.
- 15:07: Did you make it to five years?
- 18:49: Why couldn’t they get you in sooner?
- 20:28: Writing was my second therapy.
- 22:42: If I’m involved, I’m 120% involved.
- 23:42: What was your worst moment?
- 26:15: I was not wrong in challenging the hospital and saying, why didn’t you tell me this?
- 28:09: My wife was in tears.
- 30:05: Almost 20 years later, I have a sinus infection every day of my life.
- 32:27: People I didn’t even know sent me letters of encouragement.
- 33:18: What is one thing you wish you had known at the very beginning?
- 34:19: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the U. S., what would it be and why?
- 35:05: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions.
- 36:19: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?