Meet The Expert: Dr. Louise Lubin
Dr. Louise Lubin, a clinical psychologist, has practiced adult, marital, and family therapy for forty years. Her book, Your Journey Beyond Breast Cancer-Tools for the Road as well as her programs and website, Many Paths to Healing offer individuals the life skills to cope with the ongoing challenges of cancer.
- 01:51: I played a therapist role in my family.
- 03:59: I enrolled in graduate school in Richmond and got my master’s degree.
- 06:35: Changing your breath is the quickest, easiest, and cheapest way to calm down.
- 08:22: I started my private practice in 1981, and I was always sort of a dinosaur.
- 10:11: She taught me that everybody is an individual and not a statistic.
- 12:10: We’re all seeking healing, but it is different than cure.
- 14:10: Part of what I am grateful for is that my patients have been my teachers.
- 17:25: How has aging benefited you?
- 19:12: I think at the root of almost every single fear is fear of change.
- 21:24: The only control we have is in the present moment.
- 23:31: What was or has been your worst moment working as a therapist?
- 26:15: There was a woman that I had worked with who had stopped seeing me for a while.
- 29:20: What is one thing that you wish you had known at the very beginning of your career?
- 31:21: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the U.S., what would it be and why?
- 32:59: I started practicing when people wouldn’t even say the cancer word.
- 34:46: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions.
- 36:20: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?